Klein seeks re-election to Clive City Council
Eric Klein announced that he is seeking re-election to the Clive City Council. Klein was first elected to the City Council in 2009, and was re-elected in 2013 and 2017.
“I look forward to continuing our work on behalf of the citizens of Clive where we have an excellent tradition of responsible local government,” said Klein.
Working together with this council, I strive to:
Focus on efficient government using process improvement methods
- Continued low taxes – Clive has not raised property taxes in 6 years.
- Forward thinking approach to government using annual Strategic Planning Meetings
- Maintaining and improving the Greenbelt Park system including:
– Numerous re-pavements of the Greenbelt Trail
– Linnan Park – New fast pitch courts 2021 and upcoming shelter improvements
– Canary Park – New park opened in 2020
– Wildwood Park – New Pickelball courts and playground in 2019
– Campbell Park – Updated ballfields and new signs in 2020
– Northwest Park – New park in planning stages
- Completing the new Public Safety Facility for Police and Fire departments
- Long term storm water management solution development
- Continued investment in street improvements following previous accomplishments of tripled street funding for street renovations.
- Greenbelt Triad project to completion including:
– Clive Aquatic Center
– Bridge Campbell Park
– Porter Shelterhouse
- Continuing our excellent AAA bond rating
- Working together to provide responsible, common sense solutions for the people of Clive
Eric was born and raised in Windsor Heights. He is graduate of the University of Iowa and Dowling Catholic High School.
Over 12 years in the Iowa National Guard as a Captain and Company Commander in addition to serving overseas in a NATO Multi-National Peacekeeping Force.
- Clive Chamber of Commerce
- Catch Des Moines Board of Directors
- St. Theresa Catholic School Board
- District 1 Community Advisory Committee.
- Boy Scout Troop #46 Asst. Scoutmaster and Walnut Creek Baseball coach
- Channel Partner Manager for the upper Midwest, Zoll Medical Corporation
Previous Community Experience:
- Clive Parks and Recreation Board as the Vice-Chairman.
- Clive Festival President for 4 years
- Clive Festival Board 12 years
- Clive Budget Committee
- Clive Tag Line and Logo Committee
- Waste Water Reclamation Authority Board
- Clive Fire Department Strategic Planning Committee
- Greenbelt Master Plan Committee
Eric and his wife Kennetha, have two boys, Austin and Carson, and have lived in Clive for over 15 years.
Click here to contact Eric Klein or call: 515-971-6472.
“As Clive moves toward our full build-out, I will continue to support a balanced budget approach that focuses on good fiscal stewardship of our tax dollars and responsible growth.”
© Copyright 2022 Klein4Clive.com
All Rights Reserved
Paid for by Klein for Clive City Council